Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Story

In my life time I have gone through a lot. I know a lot of people do as well. I am fifteen and all in one year I lost my aunt, my little cousin, and I had to get rid of my dog. All of these things were important to me.

My aunt was so loving, every time you would step into her house you would feel like you were at home. She would ask, “Are you hungry? If you are, you better tell me so I can make you something to eat,” or she would say “Oh well, I’ll make you something anyway.” My aunt was one of those who cared about everyone she knew. I remember going to her house all the time to go swimming. Going to her house was so fun. It is hard to say she was my favorite aunt because I have ten aunts. But she is in the top five.

My little cousin (well, 2nd cousin) was born April 29, 2005. It took his mom three days to give him the perfect name. Everyone was so exited there was a new baby in our family. As the baby got about six weeks old, one of my aunts got in a fight with my cousin, the mother of the baby. My aunt was calling the baby very mean hateful names. See, my little baby cousin’s mom is white and his dad is black. There is no problem with that.

But anyway, my aunt left and my cousin put the baby to sleep, and went to sleep herself. It was about two in the morning and the baby started crying. My cousin got up to feed the baby. After that she put the baby back to sleep. On June 7th, 2005 my cousin woke up about seven in the morning. She wondered why the baby wasn’t crying. So she got out of bed to go see what was wrong. The baby was not breathing. My cousin called 911 then she called her mother. My cousin was so devastated. Her other child, who is one, woke up. My cousin thought something looked wrong then the 1-year-old started getting sick.

She thought that something was going wrong in their apartment. She rushed the other baby to the hospital. They found out he was just sensing something was going wrong. My aunt felt very bad about all of the mean things she said. But my cousin will never forget or forgive the hateful words my aunt said. To this day everyone wishes that the baby could have lived a full life instead of six weeks.

When I was about seven years old I wanted a dog. My mom said there is a lot of responsibility that comes with a dog. I knew that there would be. So we went out searching for a boxer because that is what I wanted. Around Christmas my mom got me a boxer. I named her Peanut. I named her that because she looked like a peanut. Right after my thirteenth birthday I had to get rid of her. It took about three to four months to find her a home. So before I knew it was almost my fifteenth birthday. Let’s just say those two birthdays were very sad. I am getting over it now that I am fifteen. But I still think of her all the time. I have a new little dog now and she is a little brat. I wish I still had Peanut, but I have to deal with what I have.

~Crista

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things start to look up for you and your family. I'd like to know more about why you had to let Peanut go.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing someone (aunt, baby, or pet) is devastating. Your memories should be cherished and discussed with those around you. Hopefully, you found a good home for Peanut.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good writer. Many times it helps to write about the things that maKe us feel sad. We can't replace the people or pets we loved and lost, but hopefully you will find new people to love also. I'll bet that if you work in a loving way with your new little dog, she will lose her brattiness, and you will come to love her too.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crista, you really did a great job writing this. That is a lot of loss in one year, especially for someone who is just 15. Maybe your writing can help you deal with the pain and confusion that you obviously feel. Maybe this will help you know how to help someone else when they lose people and pets they are close to.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice job with your writing. I so enjoyed reading your piece. Yes, sometimes things can be bad for us and it's worse when you're a child. The one thing I can promise you though is, even though the things that happened were hurtful and made you feel bad, time will make the hurt dim. It will never take it away or the memory of it but it will not be as bad as it was then or as it is now.
I had a boxer when I was a kid too. That was many many years ago. Her name was Beauty. Ugliest dog you ever saw, but she didn't know it because we named her beauty.
Best of luck to you, keep up that good writing. s.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

Your writing is very good. You should continue writing these kind of things in a journal, so that when you become an adult, you will have the memories. I have forgotten so many things. Your story reminded me of my neighbor's boxer when I was your age. His name was Toby and I was the only kid in the neighborhood that he liked. Keep up the good work.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home