Friday, November 18, 2005

The Time My Grandpa Died


The time that I had a bad time was when I heard that my grandpa got hurt. I did not find out about it until the next day when I went to the hospital and found out that he was going to be ok. So we went home and we got a call at about one in the morning.

We went back to the hospital and found out that he had died. So we went to talk to my grandma and she would not talk to us. We went home and she did not even tell us where the wake was going to be. We had to drive to her house and ask when the wake was.

She told us where it was but she would not give us any of grandpa’s belongings. She would not give me the A.T.V. that he bought for me. She sold the truck that he had. And she sold the golf cart that he had. And she sold the boat that he had. She took my paintball gun and she kept my bb gun and my .22 and all my other guns.

I wish that she would have given us all the stuff that she had.

~Michael

5 Comments:

Blogger HCaldwell said...

Nicely written. If you get a chance, write down all the things that you remember about your grandfather. Put it somewhere safe. Someday, it will be worth a lot more to you than all the stuff.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have your grandpa in your heart. Maybe your grandma needs to hang on to those things for a while, to remind her of grandpa. I hope you will forgive her.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Michael. You were sad and hurt and confused, and you expressed that really well in your writing. Grief is a strange thing. We all grieve in different ways. Use your writing to help you try to understand your grandmother's grief. Your grandfather's life had an impact on many people, and a lot of them hurt when he died, especially those closest to him. Keep writing and use your writing to help you deal with your pain.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael, I can see that you must miss your grandfather from what you've written in your piece. I also can see that you must remember some good times that you had with him.
As far as the things that you had to leave behind, don't mourn them, they're just things. I'd like to see what you write about grandma someday. Perhaps she had to sell those things to get enough money to carry on. Who knows.... Maybe there will be a day when you can ask her.
Very nice job with your writing, you were able to tell us the things that are bothering you without actually pointing a finger at anyone. Good for you. You're gonna do well in life. s.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

Michael, very good job! I understand how you felt about loosing the possessions. Now, try and think about how grandma felt about lossing grandpa. Sometimes adults get so lost in their grief that they do strange things. Maybe grandma was scared that she wouldn't have any more money. When you get older, I think you'll understand better, but for now, just remember all the good times that you had with grandpa.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home