Thursday, December 01, 2005

Live LIfe to Its Fullest


Death is a very hard thing for me to overcome. You never know till they are gone. I personally am not good with death. I hate the look you see when they are in the casket.

I have had a lot of people that I know die in my life, but I know that I will have to face a lot more than one more death in my life time. I can’t stand death. On some of my family’s deaths I would not go to the funeral because I was really close to them. I don’t want to have my last memory looking at that person dead. I get sick when I go to funerals.

The last person that I saw that was dead was a family friend, and he was like a grandpa to me. I didn’t want to go to the funeral because when I would see him in the casket I would start remembering things from when I was with him and that was not good for me. I still miss him.

When my grandpa died I was devastated. I didn’t know what to do with myself. I always use to go everywhere with him when I was little and when we lived in Chicago. He was my favorite person in the world. He died when I was 7 years old and he was the only other person that I had and I loved besides my mom.

I have just been starting to realize that everyone is meant to die some day. I should do what my grandpa told me to and that was to live life to its fullest. I’m never going to be good with death and I never will be, and I will live life to its fullest.

~Billy Bob

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one overcomes death--because we all die, after all. I bet your grandpa would be glad that you've kept your good memories of him.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'm not so good with death either, and I'm an adult. but you know something my grandma taught me before she died.....As long as I remember her and the times we had together....she's not gone. She's in my heart, and no one can ever take that away from you.

Good job on the story, you expressed your emotions well!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home