Thursday, December 01, 2005

Spooky

One day I decided to go walking through the nature preserve. The stories I heard about it really don’t bother me. As I was walking I heard foot steps behind me. I turned suddenly; there was nothing to be seen. I kept walking.

Before I knew it I saw my friend who lived up the street. Then he started walking with me. He was the one who told me the stories. As we crept up by a tree line the air started to have a little chill. The weird thing was that the sun was beating down on us and it was about 95 degrees out. I said, “Well, that felt a little weird.”

He said, “Yeah I know.”

Now I can’t tell you the stories he told. But I can tell you that what happened there was not right. Anyway, we kept on walking. My cell phone started to beep. So I called my voicemail and I could not understand the message. I really thought that was scary. I started to wonder what was going on.

Then we started to walk through the trails in the woods. When we got in the middle of the woods I started to hear noises. Trees were cracking and I heard screams. I thought, that’s just my mind playing with me.

But then my friend said, “Did you hear that?”

I said, “Yeah I thought it was just me.” So obviously there was something going on out there and I was not going to stick around to find out. I said, “Let’s get out of here,” so we walked very quickly.

Ever since then I have not gone back. But at the beginning of fall I did, to take pictures of the trees. After I had them developed, my friend and I looked at them. We noticed something weird. We could see faces up in the sky. It was so spooky. Oh yeah, and at night if you’re outside by the preserve you can hear screams and things banging around.

I would advise you, if you go in there, beware it is spooky and you will have dreams about it. Oh and one more thing. DO NOT go in there at night.

~Crista

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...how can I not go there, if I don't know where it is? Just kidding, this was a good ghost story.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

You've got a good ghost story in the making here. What I would really like to see is more suspence, you've just got to build it up and create more flow. Watch out for contradictions like "Ever since then I have not gone back. But at the beginning of fall I did, to take pictures of the trees." What I think would be really neat is if you treat this as a first draft and keep working at it! Collect your thoughts and if you miss a point, go back and write it in, don't add it as an afterthought "Oh yeah, and at night if you’re outside by the preserve you can hear screams and things banging around.", I think this would have worked so much better at the beginning to set the mood and tone of your story.

Keep up the great work, and please keep writting!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

Wow...way cool! I was waiting for you to jump out and go Boo...!!!

That has the makings of a good spooky short story. You write very well for your age. Why don't you try writing the sounds you heard as conversation.

Make the sound, and then write what you hear, like. "Ooohhhhh!" or "Auhhhhhh!"

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You truly caught my attention! Good job.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home