Thursday, December 01, 2005

What Happened to Peanut


It all started on a warm day after school. I remember coming home to hear a weeping noise coming from my room. I walked down the hall and opened the door. There on my floor was a little boxer puppy. I yelled, “Mom come here!” She came and I said, “I have a puppy in my room. I am going to name her Peanut Butter and Jelly because of her hair texture.”

My mother said, “That is a groovy idea!”

I said, “We’ll call her Peanut for short.”

Every day we would play out in the yard. I would play in the pool with her, and we would play ball. We would always go for long walks out in the woods. Peanut and I would always have a fantastic time together no matter what we did. We would lie on the couch together and watch movies.

When my mom would leave me alone at home I was scared, even though I knew my dog was there to protect me from any harm. One time I remember someone knocking on the door. Peanut started to bark and made the stranger leave. I was so glad that she was my dog and would protect me. Even if my mom touched me, my dog would bite her. My mom learned not to touch me because my dog would attack.

When I moved, I had to get rid of her because she was too big. She really wasn’t that big. My heart was torn apart. My mom’s friend that she worked with knew someone who wanted Peanut. We took her to their house to try it out.

The next morning my mom called to see how she was doing. They said that she was fine, but she really ran away. They said that they found her, but later on they let her go out and she ran away again and they were too lazy to go find her. When my mom got of work, we went to go find her.

I was so upset that they treated a loving dog like that. The worst thing was yet to come, it was raining out and it was cold. The good thing is that we found her, but she was shivering because she was cold. I wish that she was still here. I miss her because she’s not here to protect me, or when I’m sad she’s not there to cuddle with. She was my best friend in the world.

When I had to get rid of her I learned not to take anything for granted. Like when I had her I said I wanted a small dog. Now that I have a small dog I want Peanut back. So watch what you wish for because you might just get it.

~Crista

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really cute picture, is it Peanut? One day you will have a dog that you love just as much.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

You expressed yourself very well in your story. So did you find a good home for Peanut?

I'm older than 50 years, and in my life I've had a lot, and I do mean a lot of pets. You will fin that by the time you get to be my age, there will have been many pets that you really loved....loving is good! Try to keep pictures of them.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home